This Cheddar Cheese Ball is sure to be the hit of any party! Kick up the fun-factor by rolling the cheese ball in some chopped nuts or shaping it into a festive pumpkin or tree shape.
Cheddar Cheese Ball
3 (8 oz.) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
5 drops hot sauce
Assorted crackers, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, dry mustard and hot sauce until well combined.
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap. Place cream cheese mixture in a mound in the center and wrap. Refrigerate until firm enough to shape; about 2-3 hours.
- Once chilled, place wrapped cheese mixture on a baking sheet. Mold mixture into ball or other desired shape – see directions below. Serve with crackers.
Yield: 32 servings
1 cheddar cheese slice, cut into thin strips
1 large pretzel rod
2 basil leaves
- Keep chilled cheese mixture in plastic wrap. Mold into a pumpkin shape. Use fingers to create ridges on the sides. Once desired shape is achieved, remove plastic wrap.
- Place cheddar cheese strips into the ridges.
- Break large pretzel rod in half; insert one half into the top of the cheese ball for a stem.
- Add basil for leaves. Serve with crackers
1 cup finely chopped parsley
½ cup pine nuts
¼ cup chopped red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
1 slice cheddar cheese, cut into a star
- Keep chilled cheese mixture in plastic wrap. Mold into a cone shape.
- Press chopped parsley into the cone until evenly covered.
- Press pine nuts into cone to form a string of garland.
- Press bell pepper pieces into the cone for ornaments.
- Top tree with a cheddar cheese star. Serve with crackers.
*Per Serving (Cheese Ball): Calories 80, Total Fat 7g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g), Protein 4g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 0%, Potassium 0%
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Crystal Farms.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.