Fall is definitely in the air, which means it's time to amp up your Oktoberfest spirit with Crocktoberfest, a crock-pot celebration of creative culinary concotions. As Mealtime Mentors, we are always looking for super simple ways to get dinner on the table. One of our new favorite products to make this happen using one of our favorite kitchen gadgets -- the slow cooker -- is Campbell's® line of slow cooker sauces.
These sauces help get dinner done in just 3 steps: choose your sauce; cook your protein; enjoy! The slow cooker sauces come in tasty flavors like Tavern Style Pot Roast and Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork. You'll definitely want to try these sauces this week in these comforting crock-pot recipes from Campbell's®.
Campbell's® Slow Cooker Tavern Style Pot Roast
2-3 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
1 (13 oz.) pouch Campbell's® Tavern Style Pot Roast
- Place the beef into a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the beef is fork tender.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 241, Total Fat 7.2g (Saturated 3.1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 87mg, Sodium 657mg, Total Carbohydrate 5.8g (Dietary Fiber 0g), Protein 34g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2%, Iron 10%
Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders
2-3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder
1 (13 oz.) pouch Campbell's® Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork
12 slider buns
¾ cup coleslaw
- Place the pork into a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Divide the shredded pork among the buns. Top each with about 1 Tbsp. coleslaw.
Yield: 12 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 3.7g (Saturated 0.1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 524mg, Total Carbohydrate 30.5g (Dietary Fiber 1.9g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4% Calcium 6%, Iron 6%
Italian-Style Slow-Cooked Beef Heroes
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, drained
1 (13 oz.) pouch Campbell’s® Tavern Style Pot Roast
3 ½ lbs. beef brisket
8 long hard rolls, split
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Stir the tomatoes and sauce in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the beef and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hour or on high for 4-5 hours until beef is fork tender. Slice the beef and serve on the rolls with the sauce. Top with the cheese and sprinkle with basil.
Yield: 8 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 516, Total Fat 17.6g (Saturated 6.9g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 147mg, Sodium 1047mg, Total Carbohydrate 36.6g (Dietary Fiber 2.3g), Protein 52.5g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 10% Calcium 15%, Iron 35%
Slow-Cooked Dry-Rubbed Apple Bourbon Ribs
3 Tbsp. barbecue dry spice rub and seasoning
3 ½ lbs. pork baby back rib
1 (12 oz.) pouch Campbell’s® Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork
- Rub the seasoning on the ribs. Cut the rack of ribs in half or into thirds to fit a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the ribs into the cooker. Pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the pork is tender.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 548, Total Fat 21.9g (Saturated 7.4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 174mg, Sodium 1174mg, Total Carbohydrate 13.9g (Dietary Fiber 0.9g), Protein 66.1g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10%, Iron 0%
Slow-Cooked Dry-Rubbed Apple Bourbon Pork: Try 4-5 lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast instead of the ribs. Cook as directed above. 4-5 pounds of boneless pork shoulder serves about 16.
Slow-Cooked Dry-Rubbed Apple Bourbon Chicken: Try skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs instead of the ribs. 3 ½ lbs. of boneless chicken serves about 10. Cook on low for 6-7 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Campbell's®. Recipes, nutritional information and photos were provided by Campbell's®.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations