An amazingly delicious way to start your holiday meal or party: an appetizer that’s tart and tangy and creamy and crunchy. Say hello to the Camembert-Cranberry Holiday Toppers!
Our friends at Triscuit have come up with an amazingly delicious way to start your holiday meal or party: an appetizer that’s tart and tangy and creamy and crunchy. Say hello to the Camembert-Cranberry Holiday Toppers for your favorite TRISCUIT or RITZ Crackers!
- 48 fresh cranberries (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. superfine sugar
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 4 oz. Camembert cheese, cut into 24 thin wedges (or Brie cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. red currant jelly
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- Rinse cranberries with cold water; drain but let some water remain on the berries.
- Roll cranberries in sugar until evenly coated on all sides. Place in single layer on wire rack. Let stand 15 min. or until dried.
- Top crackers with cheese, then jelly just before serving.
- Add 2 sugared cranberries and a mint leaf to each cracker.
Use half of an 8-oz. wheel of Camembert cheese to get the 24 wedges needed to prepare these fun treats. If Camembert is not available, you can use Brie cheese instead.
Prepare using thawed frozen cranberries and/or seedless raspberry jam. Superfine Sugar Superfine, or quick-dissolving, sugar is typically found with the cocktail mixers in the supermarket. Often used as a sweetener in cocktails or iced tea, this superfine sugar has a smaller grain than that of granulated sugar. If you don’t have superfine sugar, you can use regular granulated sugar instead.
Per Serving: 180 calories, 7g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 9g sugars, 6g protein