Breakfast sandwiches are a fun way to make breakfast on-the-go a lot more delicious and nutritious! We’ve put together three satisfying and tasty combinations featuring our favorite bread products, condiments, veggies and protein!
Pro Tip: Make sandwiches ahead of time and wrap in wax paper. Store in an airtight container and freeze for grab and go ease during the week! To reheat: simply wrap the sandwich in a damp paper towel and microwave 2-3 minutes, or until sandwich is heated through.
Make-ahead Tip: Cook sandwich-sized eggs together in a muffin tin! Simply spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, crack an egg into each cup, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 17 minutes at 350°F, and you have perfectly-sized eggs ready for a week’s worth of breakfast sandwiches!
Sweet and Spicy Breakfast Sandwich
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 4 whole wheat bagel thins, sliced in half
- 8 fully cooked turkey sausage patties, warmed
- 4 eggs, cooked as desired
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, hot sauce and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Place bagels onto baking sheet, cut side up. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread cut sides of four bagel halves with butter mixture. Top bottom half of bagels with cooked sausage patty, egg, cheese and spinach. Bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with top half of bagel, cut-side down.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 31g (Saturated 15g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 250mg, Sodium 680mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 9g), Protein 23g, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%
Carrot Cake Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices Sprouted Grain Honey Wheat with Raisins bread, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Top with carrots, raisins and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top with remaining bread slice.
1 Yield: 1 serving
*Per Serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 12g (Saturated 4.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 23g), Protein 10g, Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 whole grain English muffin, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat refried black beans, warmed
- 2 Tbsp. prepared guacamole
- 1 egg, cooked as desired
- 1 strip turkey bacon, cooked and halved
- 1 Tbsp. salsa
- Spread refried beans on one half of the English muffin. Spread guacamole on other half. Place egg on top of refried beans. Top with bacon, salsa and other half of the English muffin.
Yield: 1 serving
*Per Serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 12g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 210mg, Sodium 830mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 3g), Protein 20g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2150%, Iron 20%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.