Do you ever feel like a nutritious breakfast is out of reach because it’s just too time-consuming? Try a sweet and simple breakfast wrap! In fact, today we’re sharing three of our favorite wrap ideas to help make your mornings a little easier. These yummy breakfast wraps take less than five minutes and are packed with hunger-fighting protein and fiber, to help you get a nutritious meal while on-the-go!
20 Minute Meals:
Breakfast Wraps: 3 Sweet & Simple Ideas
Hawaiian Crunch Wrap (pictured above)
½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
½ cup fresh pineapple, chopped (or canned pineapple tidbits, drained)
¼ cup granola (use gluten free granola for gluten free)
1 banana, sliced lengthwise
- Spread tortilla with cottage cheese.
- Top cottage cheese with pineapple and granola.
- Place banana halves, cut side down onto the wrap. Roll the wrap tightly enclosing all of the toppings. Slice in half and serve.
Yield: 1 wrap
*Per Wrap: Calories 460, Total Fat 7g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 810mg, Total Carbohydrate 83g (Dietary Fiber 12g, Sugars 33g), Protein 25g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%
Blackberry Banana Nut Breakfast Wrap
⅓ cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries
1 banana, sliced in half, lengthwise
- Spread almond butter evenly onto one side of the wrap.
- Place blackberries onto almond butter and gently mash with fork.
- Top mashed blackberries with banana halves and roll starting on one end of the wrap.
Yield: 1 serving
*Per Wrap: Calories 440, Total Fat 21g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 15g, Sugars 21g), Protein 16g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20% Strawberry Kiwi Cheesecake Wrap
1 Tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ tsp. stevia
1 drop vanilla extract
4 strawberries, thinly sliced
1 kiwifruit, thinly sliced
- Mash together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with fork until smooth. Spread mixture evenly onto wrap.
- Arrange strawberry and kiwifruit slices in a single layer onto the cream cheese mixture.
- Starting at one end roll wrap tightly into a wrap. Slice, if desired, and serve.
Yield: 1 wrap
*Per Wrap: Calories 220, Total Fat 5g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 12g), Protein 12g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Emily Schwartz is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with Festival Foods.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.