These Breakfast Quesadillas are truly "eggs-traordinary"! The classic combination of turkey and cheese gets a little boost of flavor from thin apple slices and a dab of Dijon mustard. Have some extra time? Cook up a double batch and freeze some for later!
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard, optional
- 8 slices thinly sliced deli roasted turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in milk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and coat with nonstick spray. Pour in egg mixture and let sit, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, or until edges start to set.
- Using a rubber spatula, push the eggs from the edges of the skillet into the center. Spread the uncooked egg back into an even layer. Let cook for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat, pushing eggs from edges into the center, until eggs are cooked but still moist. Transfer eggs to a clean bowl; set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and set aside.
- Stack tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave until soft and pliable, about 20-30 seconds.
- Assemble the quesadillas: Spread 1 tsp. of mustard on one half of each tortilla. Top with one slice of turkey. Evenly divide eggs among tortillas; spread egg into a thin layer, leaving a 1 ½-inch border on the tortillas. Sprinkle egg layer with shredded cheese, top with apple slices and then top with one slice of turkey. Fold the unfilled half of the tortilla over the filled half of the tortilla.
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place quesadillas in the skillet. Cook until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes per side. Repeat until all quesadillas are cooked. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 21g (Saturated 9g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 315mg, Sodium 910mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 23g, Vitamin D 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%, Potassium 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.