Mouthwatering shredded pork, tangy barbecue sauce, ripe pears and melted sharp cheddar - what more could you ask for in a warm, crispy tortilla? These barbecue pork, pear and cheddar quesadillas are simple to make and are bursting with flavor. They're great for an after-school snack, appetizer or a fun spin on lunch!
Barbecue Pork, Pear & Cheddar Quesadillas
- 6 oz. cooked, shredded pork
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce, plus more for dipping
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large, ripe pear, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the shredded pork with the barbecue sauce and microwave for 1 ½ – 2 minutes to warm. Set aside until ready to use.
- Lay out two of the tortillas in a single layer on a sheet pan. Sprinkle the tortillas with half of the cheese. Divide the warm pork between the two tortillas. Arrange the pear slices around the tortillas as evenly as possible, and then top the pear slices with the remaining cheese.
- Place the remaining two tortillas atop the cheese layer and transfer to the oven. Bake the quesadillas for 10-12 minutes, or until the tortillas begin to crisp lightly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and slice into quarters. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with more barbecue sauce for dipping.
Tip: Make this 20 Minute Meal in even less time by using the BBQ Pork from our deli department. Simply microwave for 1 ½ - 2 minutes to warm and set aside until ready to use.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 16g (Saturated 8g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 18g), Protein 18g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 20%, Iron 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.