Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner? Our Baked Tilapia Fish Sticks will hit the spot for kids and those who are young-at-heart. These fish sticks use oats to get some whole grains into your diet and the tartar sauce incorporates some low-fat, protein-packed Greek yogurt for that delicious tang!
Baked Tilapia Fish Sticks
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats (use gluten free oats for gluten free)
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 ½ lb. tilapia, thawed if frozen
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix together oats, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip tilapia into egg whites, coating both sides, before dredging in oat mixture. Gently press oats into fish to help form a crust. Place coated fish on baking sheet and repeat with remaining fish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 2g), Protein 27g, Vitamin D 20%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%, Potassium 8%
Lightened-Up Tartar Sauce
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 Tbsp. dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together pickle, onion, mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 45, Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated 0.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g), Protein 2g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%, Potassium 0%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.