Like mini pizzas, Baked Eggplant Parmesan features eggplant slices dipped in a parmesan-panko crust and topped with marinara sauce, melty mozzarella and fresh basil. This easy dish is a fun, kid-friendly way to enjoy this unique veggie!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds*
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or gluten free panko breadcrumbs for gluten free)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (25 oz.) jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil chiffonade, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together panko, Parmesan and Italian seasoning and place into a shallow dish. In second shallow bowl, place beaten eggs.
- Dip eggplant slices into the egg, coating both sides, before dredging in panko mixture. Gently press in panko mixture onto eggplant to evenly coat both sides. Place coated eggplant onto baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake eggplant for 15 minutes. Flip and bake 10 minutes more. Top each eggplant slice with sauce and cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted
Yield: 4 servings
Optional Eggplant Prep Step: Spread eggplant slices in a single layer on top of paper towels. Generously sprinkle salt onto the eggplant slices and let sit for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip eggplant and salt other side. Let sit for 15 minutes more. Rinse well with water and pat eggplant dry with clean paper towels.
*Per Serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 9g), Protein 18g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 10% Calcium 30%, Iron 15%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.