Who doesn’t love a Crab Rangoon?! These Baked Crab & Cheese Wonton Cups are a lightened up, but just as delicious, version of the classic, American-Chinese appetizer. At just 50 full-of-flavor calories per cup, these savory bites are a perfect, protein-packed holiday or football party appetizer.
For a little extra something, try serving these creamy crab cups with sweet and sour sauce or dipped in spicy mustard sauce.
Sweets, Snacks & Sides:
Baked Crab & Cheese Wonton Cups
Recipe adapted from Daisy Brand®
- ½ cup Daisy Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) can crab meat, drained
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 3 thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 wonton wrappers
- Sweet and sour sauce or mustard sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Combine the cottage cheese, crab meat, Parmesan cheese, Swiss cheese, celery, green onions, lemon peel and garlic in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Press wonton wrappers into 15 mini muffin cups sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a rounded tablespoon of filling in each wonton wrapper. Lightly spray with nonstick spray to coat.
- Bake on bottom rack for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking pan; cool 10 minutes. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce or mustard sauce, optional.
Yield: 15 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 50, Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated 0.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.