Filled with sweet apple slices and creamy Gouda cheese, our Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes is a delicious, fall-inspired sheet pan meal.
Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken
Adapted from: Rachel Cooks
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ oz. Gouda cheese
- ½ large apple, thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme, divided
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Butterfly each chicken breast (or cut each breast so it opens like a book and lays flat). Dividing the cheese and apple slices evenly, lay the cheese and apple slices onto one side of each chicken breast. Sprinkle ¼ tsp. dried thyme over all of the apple slices. Fold chicken and drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil. Place chicken on baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together diced sweet potato, remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, smoked paprika and remaining ½ tsp. thyme. Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer around the chicken on the baking pan. Bake for 20 minute, stir sweet potatoes, and continue to bake until chicken is done, about 10 additional minutes. Serve.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 33, Total Fat 12g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 3g), Protein 39g, Vitamin A 220%, Vitamin C 20% Calcium 10%, Iron 10%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.