Can you tell we’re on a cranberry, cheese and turkey kick? Today’s Turkey Monte Cristo Sandwich offers a completely unexpected way to use these three fall-flavored ingredients. This scrumptious sandwich is a unique way to transform, and use up, some of those almost inevitable Thanksgiving Day leftovers. Filled with sweet and tangy cranberry sauce, savory turkey and ooey-gooey cheddar, this nutrition-packed sandwich is not only kid-friendly (who doesn’t love a grilled cheese?), but also a quick and easy way to get a delicious meal on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Turkey Monte Cristo Sandwich
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 cup Original Egg Beaters® (or 6 large eggs)
- 1 ¼ cup skim milk (or unsweetened almond milk for dairy free)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. white pepper
- ½ cup cranberry sauce, divided
- 8 slices 100% whole grain bread (or gluten free bread for gluten free)
- 12 oz. sliced turkey, divided
- 4 oz. shredded white cheddar cheese (or Daiya® Cheddar-Style Shreds for dairy free), divided
- Additional cranberry sauce for dipping (optional)
- Powder sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat nonstick skillet, griddle or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Whisk together Egg Beaters, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Spread 2 Tbsp. of cranberry sauce onto 4 slices of bread. Top each slice with 3 oz. turkey, 1 oz. cheddar cheese, and remaining slices of bread.
- Carefully transfer each sandwich to egg mixture and soak, pressing lightly with a spatula; about 1 minute each side. Place on skillet, griddle or grill pan. Cook until cheese is melted and turkey is hot.
- Serve warm with extra cranberry sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar (optional).
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 460, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 6g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 840mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 13g), Protein 42g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 60%, Iron 40%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.