We love noodles. Anytime, anyplace. Cold, hot. Plain, sauced. They are just delicious in every way! We especially love these Japanese-style noodles because they cook super-quickly and taste so good with sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. Toss ‘em with veggies, a dash of salt and pepper, and you’ll have an amazing side dish - or add chicken to round it out for a meal! Noodles for the win!
Summer Soba Noodle Salad
- 8 oz. buckwheat soba (Japanese-style) noodles (found in our natural and organic department)
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. sriracha (hot chili sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 12 oz. package (4 cups) Mann's Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Dash coarse salt and ground black pepper
- White or black sesame seeds or peanuts for garnish, optional
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Run noodles under cold water to cool them; drain well.
- While noodles cook, whisk together rice vinegar, canola oil, sriracha and sesame oil. Toss dressing with cold noodles and vegetables. Stir in cilantro leaves and scallions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or peanuts and serve with protein of choice.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 16g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g, Vitamin A 130%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.