Hey everybody! Guess what? September is National Family Meals Month™! What better way to kick off a month committed to eating more family meals at home than with our Stuffed Roasted Peppers. This colorful and kid-friendly, 20-minute meal features easy-to-use ingredients, like microwaveable rice and canned vegetables, making it both a convenient and affordable dish. You can even recruit your child’s help when stuffing the peppers or adding the cheese topping to create a fun, family, meal-prepping activity!
Stuffed Roasted Peppers
Recipe adapted from Cans Get You Cooking
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 4 large red, green and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can chopped spinach, drained
- 1 (8.75 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare Steamfresh® Whole Grain Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membrane. Brush peppers, inside and out with olive oil. In large bowl toss rice with kidney beans, tomato sauce, spinach, corn and ¾ cup cheese; toss to mix well.
- Preheat grill to high or preheat oven to 425°F. Fill each pepper with some rice mixture, mounding slightly. Top with remaining ¼ cup cheese. Grill or roast peppers 10 minutes or until peppers are softened and cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings *Per Serving: Calories 520, Total Fat 16g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 187mg, Total Carbohydrate 76g (Dietary Fiber 12g, Sugars 10g), Protein 23g, Vitamin A 210%, Vitamin C 250%, Calcium 40%, Iron 30%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.