Looking for a summer party food option? How about kabobs? We've got an option that features cubed pork chops rubbed with chili powder and fresh pineapple chunks, which makes for an amazing combination. They are skewered and grilled until the meat is tender-on-the-inside and crispy-on-the-outside and the pineapple has that perfect char.
20 Minute Meals:
Chili-Rubbed Pork & Pineapple Kabobs
Recipe adapted from Real Simple
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless pork chops, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine pork, oil, chili powder, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Thread marinated pork cubes and pineapple on skewers. Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes, until cooked through, about 15 minutes total.
- Sprinkle kebabs with fresh cilantro and lime juice.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 9g), Protein 38g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.