Ever need to eat on the run? That seems like a silly question to me, because I often find myself grabbing a quick bite to eat and heading out the door! My life doesn’t seem to be slowing down, and I’m sure you feel the same way, so it seems like a no brainer to have a handful of on-the-go meal ideas in my back pocket. Today’s dish, Chicken & Bean Taquitos, are the perfect grab-n go-option! Seasoned chicken, flavorful refried beans and gooey cheese are nestled inside a tortilla and baked until crispy, making them the perfect solution for those busy days. Bake ‘em on the weekend and eat all week, friends!
Chicken & Bean Taquitos
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. ground chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can fat free refried beans, divided
- 12 - 6 or 8" flour or corn tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Toppings: Sour cream, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, avocado, salsa 1 cup Lime Black Bean Fiesta Salad from our deli, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease rack fitted on a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Add ground chicken and saute 5-6 minutes until browned. Add chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and saute another 30-60 seconds. Mix half the can of refried beans until incorporated.
- Lay out tortillas on a flat workspace. Spoon 1-2 tablespoon(s) of remaining refried beans on half of the tortilla and spread around. Next, spoon 1-2 tablespoon(s) of the chicken/refried bean mixture in a line down the middle of the tortilla. Then top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Roll up the tortilla to form the taquito, then place it on the greased rack, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until all of your taquitos are prepared.
- Mist the tortillas with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tortillas are crispy.
- Remove and serve immediately with toppings of your choice and a side of Lime Black Bean Fiesta Salad.
Yield: Makes 12 taquitos; 1 per serving
*Per Serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 5g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 3g), Protein 13g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.