Who doesn’t love a recipe where everything can be tossed together in one dish? This simple weeknight meal is taking Mexican ingredients to a whole new level! The spicy tomatoes and green chilies, tender chicken breast and hearty corn tortillas create a better-for-you, flavorful twist on the classic Mexican dish. Don’t forget about the perfect blend of spices and -- of course -- the cheese! Have dinner on the table in a matter of minutes with this easy skillet meal!
Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
- 8 (6-8") corn tortillas, cut into bite-size strips
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies), undrained
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on stove over medium high heat.
- Add tortillas, chicken, onion, and garlic to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes (or until onion is tender and translucent), stirring frequently.
- In a medium bowl, mix Rotel, enchilada sauce, black beans, cumin, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over chicken in skillet and mix well.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top, cover with lid, and let cook for 5 minutes- stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese and serve, topped with your favorite enchilada toppings (cilantro, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc).
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 4.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 780mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 8g), Protein 33g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.