Dinner prep doesn’t get much easier than a foil packet filled with meat and vegetables that you can toss on the grill, in the oven or roast on the campfire. (No dishes needed!) With a zesty marinade made with fresh ingredients, this Grilled Lime Shrimp and Corn brings easy gourmet to the great outdoors. Serve over whole wheat couscous, or mop up the juices with a piece of crusty Sprouted Grain Bread from our bakery!
Barbecued Lime Shrimp and Corn
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari sauce for gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 ears corn, cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 ½ lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- To prepare the marinade, combine the first 8 ingredients (through black pepper) in a heavy-duty zip lock plastic bag and seal.
- Tear off 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil and stack them on top of each other. Place marinade, corn and shrimp in the middle of the foil. Crimp foil closed, rolling sides to fully seal the packet. Place on hot coals of a campfire or grill (or in 450 degree oven if at home). Cook 10 minutes on grill or 30 minutes in the oven. Serve with Sprouted Grain Bread or whole wheat couscous.
Yield: 4 Servings
*Per Serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 275mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 13g), Protein 38g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.