We set out to make a meatless "cheeseburger" that even a meat lover would love. Packed with creamy Heinz Real Mayonnaise, robust Gorgonzola cheese, sweet roasted bell peppers and savory portabella mushrooms, this delicious and affordable meatless cheeseburger is perfect for any night of the week. Feel free to make it a double cheeseburger by using two grilled portabella caps.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 (4-inch) portabella caps
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Heinz Real Mayonnaise
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns (or gluten free hamburger buns for gluten free)
- 2 cups trimmed spinach or arugula
- ½ cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Clean portabella caps. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush the grill grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Gorgonzola and mayonnaise. Stir well. Spread about ¼ the mixture onto each hamburger bun. Top each hamburger bun with 1 mushroom, ½ cup spinach and 2 Tbsp. red peppers.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g), Protein 9g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.